The Tongass National Forest has recently completed a Watershed Condition Framework that prioritizes watershed work on the forest.
The highest restoration watersheds on the forest are:
To date the forest has completed aquatic restoration work in:
- Sal Creek – Prince of Wales Island
- Harris River – Prince of Wales Island
- Gadlaay Haana (Fubar) Creek – Prince of Wales Island
- Riparian Thinning – Prince of Wales Island
- Road Decommissioning – Yakutat
This body of work is not the only aquatic restoration work completed, but represents a subset of what has been implemented.
Restoration work is currently underway in:
- Twelvemile Creek – Prince of Wales Island
- Sitkoh River – Chichagof Island
- Kennel Creek – Chichagof Island
Restoration work is being planned in:
- Eagle Creek (Luck Creek) – Prince of Wales Island
- Kake Bake Creek – Kupreanof Island
- Saginaw Creek – Kuiu Island
More information is available on the current TNF 5 Year Vegetation Management Schedule – Watershed Management.